Friday, September 02, 2005

You have got to be kidding me! Typical cries of racism.

Now, there are blacks who are screaming that the slow response to New Orleans is because most of the victims are poor and black. Are you kidding? Wynton Marsalis (sp?) and members of government are complaining that the government isn't doing enough because the victims are mostly black. If it had happened in Charleston, aid would have been sent right in.

Let's analyze this. The black population is very large in New Orleans. Therefore, the black population most likely have been electing black officials for local, state, and federal positions. Now, it is the responsibility of the local and state agencies to have a plan in place for disasters. I'm sure Charleston has a plan in place. My county has a great plan in place, and aid would quickly respond, and that is with a large black and Hispanic population. So, one could say that the lack of preparedness and slow response afterwards is the fault of the black population, since they are the ones who elected their officials.

There are black people complaining that the media is being racist, since they keep showing black people doing the looting. The talking heads who stoke the fires of racism say that they aren't looting, but are trying to survive. When I saw the videos of black people stealing boxes of sneakers and electronic items, I'm sure that it wasn't because they were trying to survive. I did see videos of white people stealing, but since the population is mostly black, it would stand to reason that most of the stealing is being done by blacks!

I have not seen them, but I would guess that the roving gangs of armed thugs are black. I'm confident when I say that most of the rapes were committed by blacks (on blacks).

Then, there is the derision some have shown over the word refugee. One talking head proclaimed, "They are not refugees. They are American citizens." Hey, dumbass, look up the word. Refugee: One who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, environmental destruction, or religious persecution.

I am not a racist person, but my life experiences have led me to the conclusion that some of the most racist people I've ever met are, in fact, black. I work in a profession where I see many lazy people who abuse and manipulate the system. When a white person is caught, or is denied some form of social service, he/she goes about their business. Many a black person will cry racism. To those screaming that racist governments aren't taking care of them (another social handout), I ask them: Are black people not capable of evacuating? Are black people not capable of preparing for a disaster?

I am ready, willing, and able to contribute money for hurricane relief. But every time I hear an accusation of racial bias, it just makes me hang onto my money even longer.

No comments: