Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving thanks

Well, it is another Thanksgiving, and I thought I'd give thanks to some of those things important to me:

Thanks to all of those Law Enforcement Officers who risk their lives every day to try to make our neighborhoods safer.
Thanks to paramedics, firefighters, and school teachers.
Thanks to the men and women in the armed forces.
A special thanks to our combat veterans.
Thanks to my family for loving me and letting me love them.
Thanks for pepperoni pizza.
Thank you, Dad, for not raising me as a democrat!
Thanks to those creative minds who made Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Space, Above and Beyond.
Thanks for the death penalty.
Thanks for Duke Basketball.
Thanks for my health and happiness.
Thanks for food on my table and a roof over my head.
Thanks for nice breasts inside tight sweaters.

And there are many more. I wake up each day and am glad to be alive. I'm not rich, or good looking; nor do I live in a big house or drive a fancy car. But, I feel that I am rich in life, and I treasure all that I have.

Thank you, Angela, for being my best friend.

No comments: