Sunday, June 04, 2006

AIDS awareness

My second rant of the day:

I just saw a queer on TV who was lamenting over the issues of AIDS. He brought up the topic of more money for research into curing AIDS and AIDS awareness.

Let's address the first issue. Money going into AIDS research should be rerouted for cancer research. AIDS is essentially a lifestyle disease, and as such we know how to avoid contracting it. We still don't know what causes cancer, or how to cure it. AIDS (or, more specifically, HIV) is a virus, and man has never been able to cure a virus. With the exception of a very, very small minority, those who have AIDS got it based on their own life choices. It takes two to tango...but many totally unexpecting, healthy people contract cancer every day.

Issue two. People are screaming for more money for AIDS awareness. Is there anybody here who is not aware of AIDS? I thought so. I don't give a shit about AIDS awareness in Thailand or Africa: That is an internal problem that the respective countries should deal with. I don't want any of my tax money going to Nigeria because a bunch of breeders are having unprotected sex. I view it as nature's way of controlling the population.

Cancer research? Absolutely! AIDS research? Keep your dick zipped!

No comments: