Monday, June 18, 2007

Vista pains

So, I am still on my vacation, this being the first day that I was actually out of work. It would have been cheaper for to have gone to work. I spent over 300 bucks on a new fish tank, and then bought a new computer with 19" LCD and AIO printer. The computer is made by Acer, who was the maker of my very first computer, which really sucked (actually, I believe the OS - Windows 98 - is what made it suck). I've not heard a lot of good things about Acers, but I couldn't pass up the package deal. Plus, I only need to get about three or four years out of it to make it worthwhile. My previous home desktop was an eMachines, and I got five fantastic years out of that computer. It was still going strong when the motherboard finally gave up. So, I am also enduring the pain of learning a new operating system. Vista Home Premium is unusual, I'll tell you that. I played hell trying to get my Office 2000 to load, but I persevered, because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $200 just for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

I'll have to figure out whether my favorite game - Empire Earth, Art of Conquest - will play on Vista. Stay tuned...

No comments: