Monday, April 07, 2008

My personal orchard

This is a photograph of the beautiful flowers that I had on my pear tree. As a new homeowner with a large chunk of land, I am trying to live out the dream I've always had of being able to go out in my own yard and picking fruit off my own trees. In the last month, I have planted a dwarf black tartarian cherry tree, three Nanking cherry trees, a persimmon tree, a Surecrop nectarine tree, two different fig trees, blueberry bushes, and two varieties of raspberries. These were added to my existing trees; two apple trees, a pear tree, a peach tree, and a plum tree. I also have a big crop of wild blackberry vines around the property.

As for these flowers, they have now fallen off, to be replaced by small pears. The tree has little pears all over it. The pears will be great, and so will all of the other fruits, but I really can't wait for my figs. I love fresh figs!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: