Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I made a difference! Kinda....

As some of you may remember, I posted in June about how I recognized that a US Senator's political ad that was touting being a key US military supporter showed a French aircraft. Well, what I didn't post (or forgot to post) was that I also sent an email to the Dole campaign with my concerns, and they provided a response four days later that said that they had just used stock footage, but they would forward my concerns. Guess what? The commercial has been changed, and it now shows an American F-15 Eagle, and I did some research on-line and discovered that it was changed after a citizen in NC pointed out that it was a French naval aircraft and such mistakes could be fodder for her Democrat competitor.

If you want to do your own research, you can do a Google search of Elizabeth Dole Super Etendard and see what pops up. I'm proud of my effecting a change in the NC political landscape!

No comments: