Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yes, I am aware that I have not posted anything in a few days. Fact of the matter is, I've been busier than hell at work. For those that don't know, I get up at 0500, leave the house by 0545, drive 18 miles, swap vehicles, and then drive an additional 12 miles to be in my office by 0630. I then work until 1700 and reverse the process. I've been working without an immediate supervisor for two months, so I've been doing my normal duties and the duties that he attended to. Once I get home between 1745 and 1800, I eat dinner with the family, and then my son usually wants to go outside and play. By 2000 I'm completely worn out. Why do I work such long days? Because working four 10-hour days lets me have a 3-day weekend every weekend. So, the trade off for having more consecutive time with the family is that I wear myself out during the week. Fridays are then usually taken up with running household errands and doing the yard work. Saturdays are the day that we might do something as a family away from the house. Sunday is usually the only day I get to just loaf around.

No comments: