Sunday, August 03, 2008

Final thoughts about Phoenix

This is the entrance to the Royal Palms Resort that I stayed at. The Royal Palms is noted for having made the lists of top 25 best hotels/resorts in the US and in the top 100 in the world. It is frequented by businessmen, actors, and athletes.
The view from the back of the room I was in. The mountain is Camelback Mountain, the predominant landmark in Phoenix. Even if I wasn't sure where I was at, I could always orient myself by looking for Camelback Mountain.
Another view of the grounds behind my room.


I have some final thoughts about Phoenix, since it is more than likely that I'll never return in my entire life.

There are lots of places to eat, including genuine ethnic cooking (I had Mexican food all made on site, Greek food all made on site, and Italian food all made on site), but you need to be cautious, because eating in Phoenix is definitely not cheap.

Women!

I only saw clouds over Phoenix once in the seven days I was there. Someone told me that Phoenix had only received 2 inches of rain in all of 08 prior to my arrival.

Women!

The humidy level was so low, that I experienced something strange: The outside temperature was about 100 degrees one evening when I was in the pool. There was a 15-20 MPH wind blowing, and the pool's temperature felt like the water was in the mid 80's. When you would stand up, you got cold! Even though it was 100 degrees, the wind and very low humidity caused the water on your body to evaporate so quickly that you got cold!

Women!

Color coordinating your wardrobe with the area wouldn't be too difficult, since the local color schemes are based on tan, brown, taupe, rust, yellow, and cinnamon.

Women!

More about the weather? Well, one fellow there had an interesting perspective about living with the weather in Phoenix. You don't have to scrape sunshine off the windshield, you don't have to salt sunshine off the roads, sunshine doesn't blow roofs off, and you never hear about natural disasters involving too much sunshine.

Oh, did I mention the women?

No comments: