Friday, October 31, 2008

I voted

I voted today. Despite early voting having been available for about two weeks, there was still a large number of people coming to vote. As much as I resent the number number of black people who are coming to vote for Obama just because he is black (no arguments: You know that is true!), I am still proud that people are coming out in such numbers to exercise their civic responsibility and vote.

Who did I vote for? Well, it should be obvious that I did not vote for Obama. Race for me was not the issue. The issue (or issues) was his political leanings. That being said, I honestly do feel that he is going to be our next president. On that point, I have feelings of ambivalence. One thing is for sure, and that is that Osama is going to be under the microscope with everything he does. He can't fail, because there will be a ton of "I told you so" comments made towards him. I honestly feel that government handouts will increase, that our taxes will go up, and that further restrictions will be placed on gun owners. I think that we will piss away even more money in foreign aid, and that we will become a pushover in the world's eyes.

As for the other people I voted for, the selection for US Senate was rather interesting, since we have a rather bland Republican candidate running against a state senator who claimed to be the one responsible for preventing the closing of our military bases (actually, they both did). The state senator also claimed that she was responsible for balancing the state budget. Err...that is the law in NC, and you didn't actually do that! I voted for the Republican, mostly because I'm trying to keep as many Democrats out of Congress that I can.

I voted Democrat for the state attorney general, since he actually does a good job.

I voted to get rid of several of our shitbag local judges, and that was about it!

November 4 should be interesting!!! History will be made, one way or the other, and I'm glad that I will be around to see it.

No comments: