Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where are American values for an American hero?

Where are American values for an American hero?



I am absolutely frustrated and heartbroken over how our society has such misguided energy, such misguided beliefs on what is a hero. In all of this hype over Michael Jackson this and Michael Jackson that, even I was not aware that Darrell "Shifty" Powers had passed away. Are you serious!! Where was the media coverage on this? We lost a true American hero in June, and yet we heard no dialogue, read no editorial. I am ashamed at myself that I was not aware that Shifty had passed away until I had received the email mentioned in the above link.

Shifty, here's to you: Thank you for what you did, for being part of the Greatest Generation, and for being a hero to me.

No comments: