Saturday, April 16, 2005

A lazy Saturday. I attended my bi-weekly model club meeting. I noticed an interesting personality quirk that pretty much everybody in the group has. We are all type B personalities, and it would seem that we are not real social butterflies. Model building is, for the most part, a solitary endeavor, and it is rare that you will sit down with somebody else to build. Even when you do (we try to do some group building when we meet) there are many times where the level of concentration needed results in nobody talking. We are a diverse group. We have some military and former military people, a truck driver, a troubled teen, and a physical therapist. Most of the guys like to build armor, which leads to some gentle ribbing from the two of us who almost always build aircraft. Remember: There are airplanes, and there are targets!
I am currently working on a Japanese Ki-44 Shoki. I'm trying to finish it in it's natural metal finish, which is most difficult (I am trying to make plastic look like metal). I don't plan on posting pictures on this blog, but that might change in the future, if I get enough feedback from readers who want to see my work or any other thing that I might be talking about.

No comments: