Sunday, May 01, 2005

My favorite movies

I just finished watching the 1992 version of Last of the Mohicans (DVD version). I hadn't watched it in probably 2 years, and was reminded afterwards just how much I enjoyed the movie. I figured this would be a good time for me to post my top ten favorite movies (no special order: I can't pick an all-time favorite).

1. Last of the Mohicans (1992)
2. Star Wars series (If not listed as one unit, it would soon take up six places on my top 10 list!)
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Dark Blue World
5. Lord of the Rings (I count the trilogy as one)
6. Saving Private Ryan
7. The Right Stuff
8. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
9. Top Gun (Yeah, I know. But what a great "fun" movie!)
10. Shrek

Indeed, there are many other great movies out there that I really, really like, and it's tough to pick just 10. Honorable mentions are: Gladiator, Terminator 1,2, and 3; Battle of Britain, Patriot, We Were Soldiers, and about 20 others! But I realized that the 10 I picked are movies that I'll watch whenever they are on, or whenever somebody wants to watch them. They are movies that I'll sit and watch on regular broadcast television, even though I have them on video.

I can't wait for Revenge of the Sith to come out on May 19. I've had my advance ticket for opening day, 12:00, for over a week.

No comments: