Friday, March 07, 2008

Well, it's about time!

I am now back in the world of broadband, and oh, how I missed it! The Time Warner contractors came out in the pouring rain and ran the line from across the street to my house, through the brick, under the flooring, and to my desktop all within an hour.

I tried to hook up my wireless B router in order to network in the other five computers that we have, and after an hour of frustration I found out that my old Linksys router is not compatible with Vista. So, I'll probably have to make a visit to a Wally World and find my a G or N router.

Did I say five other computers? Wow, I didn't realize that. My son has a compact Dell with an LCD monitor in his room. The wife and I both have laptops. I have an old Windows 2000 computer with a 17" CRT in my shop, and I have my old HP laptop that just would not let me reinstall Windows XP running on Ubuntu Linux. Oh, and I have my four or five year old Axim X30 handheld. My ultimate goal is to have my house completely networked, with Internet access in every room (except for the bathroom; that's what laptops are four).

Anyway, now that I have by cable Internet back, you can expect to see more frequent posts.

Cheers.

No comments: